Creating Quality Jobs
Economic Development and Tourism
- Karen partnered with local officials and with the Tulsa Regional Chamber to secure USA BMX headquarters at the Tulsa County Fairgrounds.
- Karen worked with the Chamber and fairgrounds staff to secure and retain high quality equestrian events at the Tulsa County Fairgrounds, including the Arabian Horse Show.
- She serves on the Downtown Coordinating Council and Streetscape Committee to transform the ascetics of the downtown Tulsa area.
- Karen serves on the VisitTulsa Advisory Council which focuses on presenting Tulsa as a destination city for conventions and high-quality events which generates tourism dollars via hotel/motel and sales tax dollars for our community.
- Karen also serves on the Board of Directors for the Oklahoma History Center helping to shepherd the completion of the Oklahoma Pop Museum.
Lt. Gov. Matt Pinnell, who is also the state’s Secretary of Tourism and Branding, told the crowd that tourism is the third largest industry in Oklahoma, generating more than $1 billion in tax receipts.
“We can be, and will be, a top-10 tourism state,” Pinnell said, promoting the appeal that OKPOP will have for the city and the continuing rapid growth of the downtown arts district.
Tulsa World, Oct 23, 2019